Welcome to the studio at Fine Field Pottery. Here, the goal is to offer everyone an opportunity to get their hands dirty and have a new experience or refine a previous enjoyment.
A class at FFP will strive to help you create a new creation out of clay that you will be able to take home with you and show off to your friends and family. There are opportunities to throw on an electric wheel (and for the daring, kick wheel), to hand build creations from coils and slabs, and to learn the various techniques of glazing. A class at FFP will also teach studio etiquette in a safe and encouraging atmosphere.
There are several options available when considering what class to take.
Give it a try Pottery
$45 for a single one day event (last approx. 2.5 hours, you get up to 5lb of clay) Glazing: come back in a week or pottery will be finished for you. Pieces can be shipped later for additional cost or picked up at the studio.
Couples Friends event: 2 – 4 people
$35/couple: for a single one day event (last approx. 2.5-3.5 hours depending on size of group, you get 5lb of clay) Glazing: come back in a week or pottery will be finished for you. Pieces can be shipped later for additional cost or picked up at the studio.
Learning to Throw
6-8 week throwing class
$190 for a 2.5 hour class. You get 25lb of clay and make up to 12 pieces. The student will learn techniques from throwing, centering, trimming, wedging, pulling handles, glazing and basic studio etiquette. Classes start after 3:30p.m. unless by special arrangement and time permitting in the studio. Classes are not scheduled Friday or Saturday except for special events.
Basics of Hand Building
4-5 week course
$130 for a 2.5 hour class. Student will learn to make coil pot, pinch pot, sculpture and slab building. The student will learn the fundamentals of working with clay and studio etiquette. Classes start after 3:30p.m. unless by special arrangement and time permitting in the studio. Classes are not scheduled Friday or Saturday except for special events.
Yes, we offer opportunities for small group classes birthday parties, scout classes, wedding groups, etc. The class is an hour long and participants will create a hand coiled bowl, or slab creation. For birthday celebration you can add an extra 30 minutes to your studio time for cake and presents for an additional fee of $30. There is a minimum of 5 participants for a class and maximum of 12. Half down payment is expected at the time of reservation and the rest due the day of the class.
For a group throwing class, please contact FFP for more information.
Concerning the Classes
- Classes must be paid in full by the beginning of the first class. 50% down at the time of signing up for the course.
- Wear clothes you can get dirty
- If minors (18 and under) sign up for a class a parent or guarding must be present during the session.
- All necessary tools will be provided by Fine Field Pottery. We do, however, encourage you to bring an apron that fits you.
Give it a Try and Couples Classes:
- If you cancel one week prior to the class you will be refunded for the class minus a $10 administration. Before canceling consider rescheduling the class.
Learning to Throw Class:
- If you cancel: 1 week prior to the 1st class you will be refunded for the class minus a $50 administration fee.
- If you cancel before the second class session, the administration fee increases to $100. The remaining class fee will be refunded to you.
- No refunds will be given after the start of the 2nd class session.
- If Fine Field Pottery cancels the class you will be sent your full refund. When class is canceled due to weather or other occurrence outside of our control, we will reschedule the class.
How to sign up
Please fill out the form below and we will be in touch. Also you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gift Certificates are available.
Prices subject to change.